Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Viper Car Alarm 791XV???

Old 09-15-2005, 05:22 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You dont want to know what I get that alarm for. And proximity can be added, as well as remote window roll down, and remote trunk release. The remotes are 170 retail at Best Buy. Im getting my 791 installed for $100 with remote start on a manual.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:26 PM
MILKILOS

Do you have to buy the trunk release seperate from the alarm itself. From what I understood, if you have power locks and hatch, the alarm automatically integrates those functions. The only thing that would be nice would be the window/sunroof rolldown that i know for sure would need to be bought seperately.
Old 09-15-2005, 07:09 PM
b00gers

Originally Posted by totalimmortal
You dont want to know what I get that alarm for. And proximity can be added, as well as remote window roll down, and remote trunk release. The remotes are 170 retail at Best Buy. Im getting my 791 installed for $100 with remote start on a manual.

Employee discount?
Old 09-15-2005, 07:21 PM
ej8_hamazaki
いじわる りゅう

Originally Posted by WiLL
I believe its safety reasons. Some people leave their car in gear when they park, and when they accidently hit the remote start-up, it can be a bit dangerious.
I installed ULTRASTART on my 99 Civic (www.ultrastarters.com) system & not worry about leaving my car in gear.
Here's how it works:
1] Pull ebrake (Gear: Neutral)
2] Press the brake twice. (will chirp twice, parklights on)
3] Remove the key. (Engine still running)
4] Step out of the car
5] Shut the door. (Engine/lights will shut down)
Then it's SET for remote starting and ready whenever you want to.
NOTE: Once the door/s is opened SET-UP for remote starting will be cancel.
This method you dont need to worry about starting your car in gear that could result accident. Visit their site for more info.

DO NOT install remote starter to a manual vehicles unless it's designed for it.
It's just me. Enjoy your system!!!

12Volts
Old 09-15-2005, 07:47 PM
ej8_hamazaki
いじわる りゅう

Originally Posted by Däs Schmoo
I installed mine yesterday. I didn't install the remote start feature because the clutch switch is so far up in the dash that I didn't want to bother cutting and soldering the wires together.

Great alarm, though.
I tapped the Starter output to the Starter wire after the switch (usually red) located at way up corner under dash attach to a 1 inch white connector. I pulled the connector with a loop wire (one piece) so its easy for me to solder the wires.
I installed it on my 99 Civic. What is yours?
If ever u hook it up and made it work, make sure to put ur car in neutral prior leaving the car to avoid accident since ur system is not designed for manual tranny.

12Volts
Old 09-15-2005, 10:12 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by ej8_hamazaki
I tapped the Starter output to the Starter wire after the switch (usually red) located at way up corner under dash attach to a 1 inch white connector. I pulled the connector with a loop wire (one piece) so its easy for me to solder the wires.
I installed it on my 99 Civic. What is yours?
If ever u hook it up and made it work, make sure to put ur car in neutral prior leaving the car to avoid accident since ur system is not designed for manual tranny.

12Volts
I am not worried about leaving it in Neutral because I have a turbo timer, so the car is in neutral when I shut and lock the doors anyway because it is still running.

I think I may have found my error: I only hooked up one starter wire. After looking at the instructions a little further, I have determined that I need to have one wire (purple) hooked up pre-ignition switch and the other wire (green) hooked up post ignition switch. Is that how it usually works?

When I get a free moment, I may try and get it working again, but I am in no hurry since I don't really need the remote start and plus, I will have to solder the clutch switch wires together. They are way the hell up there and I am really not looking forward to that.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:57 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

Originally Posted by WiLL
Employee discount?
And a heafty one at that.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:21 PM
b00gers

Originally Posted by totalimmortal
And a heafty one at that.

I need to talk to my Best Buy friend h:
Old 09-17-2005, 06:01 AM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

Dont get him fired,they'll fire him on the spot if they find out. No questions. The main reason I work here is for the discount, and that all I do is talk about car audio all day.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:26 AM
MILKILOS

I am getting my alarm installed this coming wednesday... I am so damn excited... No more bad dreams...