Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

antitheft ideas...

Old 08-03-2005, 03:13 PM
delsol161

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default antitheft ideas...

i'm wiring my own alarm system in my car. i have a kit in mind, but want more than that alone. i'm wiring a hidden fuel cutoff switch, but that's not enough either. i want to wire something so the if someone does set off my alarm and try to disable it, it'll disable everything. For example, if they find a way to shut off the alarm, i want the ignition to cut off with it. or maybe the starter. any ideas?
Old 08-04-2005, 02:22 PM
relecom
Nissan 240

I've been wanting to try an idea out I've had for a while... if the alarm is armed, and the door, hood or trunk is opened, (not just the alarm triggered, but something opened) maybe have a fuse going to a wire on the ecu, something small, say 5 amps, wired through a relay, so that once a door is opened you send current to that fuse to pop it, but it would have to be wired with diodes, so that you don't send the power into the ECU. so once that fuse has been poped the car can't start... and you hide that relay and fuse obviously...

just a thought, The Saint
Old 08-04-2005, 03:53 PM
oei28

Originally Posted by delsol161
i'm wiring my own alarm system in my car. i have a kit in mind, but want more than that alone. i'm wiring a hidden fuel cutoff switch, but that's not enough either. i want to wire something so the if someone does set off my alarm and try to disable it, it'll disable everything. For example, if they find a way to shut off the alarm, i want the ignition to cut off with it. or maybe the starter. any ideas?
What if you wire the fuel cutoff switch with the ignition and/or starter?
Old 08-04-2005, 08:32 PM
Draconius
BAZINGA!

One of my friends had a 120dB alarm speaker installed in the cabin of his car...hidden of course, so that when the car is attempting to get stolen the 120dB alarm is going off right in their ear. He had someone try to steal it and it went off and the guy bolted from the car and didn't harm anything.

My prior car had an alarm and I didn't know it so when I tried to jump my car it set off the alarm and I couldn't start my car for the life of me...it was almost impossible. I had to go under my steering wheel and rip out the brain of the system just to start it. That worked pretty good.

One downfall to a system installed wrong...my brother was travelling across country and his alarm system went off (had it wired to his starter) and killed his starter which in turned killed the car while driving. Just be VERY careful...and got a pro to do it...thats why they are trained
Old 08-05-2005, 08:46 AM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so u wanna do what i have.
I have a clifford DEI alarm so i added this extra stuff and already save my car.

DEI/clifford WIRELESS IMMOBILIZER KIT <-- goes to the fuel pump and is wireless.
also i have the DEI siren with backup battery buildin so even if u cut the wires the siren still goes crazy, only way to shut it off is with the key and if they dont cut the cable then u use the control to disable it. (so i have 2 siren)
I also have the hood lock just to make it harder
also with the alarm i have the buildin battery backup so even if u disconnect the car battery the alarm works wonderful, i already tested and was showing off lol one great thing about this buildin battery, is that ur clock or radio doesnt need to be reset to input the code if u disconnect the car battery .
and visible security i have a multilock with buildin cutoff switch ( if u cut the multilock there still is a hidden cable going to the ignition cable) btw my ignition cable is not under where normaly is . and of course i have a club just n case anyone wants my airbag.

when i get a new car n the future i will just trasnfer all this stuff to the new car
Old 08-06-2005, 11:20 AM
CHIGI'96GS

KEEP IT SIMPLE, GET ONE OF THESE
http://www.neverstolen.com/index.html
Old 08-08-2005, 11:56 AM
delsol161

that looks incredible chigi. how much does that system cost? much better than an alarm!
Old 08-09-2005, 02:39 AM
Mr_Goodbar

Get one of these things http://www.starterupsteve.com/swf/bigblackben.html
Old 08-09-2005, 10:14 AM
delsol161

hahaha. i would if he'd fit in my car