Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

01 Civic Head Unit, Keyless Entry, Dome Light problem..

Old 08-01-2005, 02:26 AM
twinzam2785

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 Civic Head Unit, Keyless Entry, Dome Light problem..

Ok, so I just got a 2001 Civic EX [Sedan] and I decided to get a new head unit for it. I got the OEM unit out ok, then put the new one in. After I plugged in all the necessary wires, I put the key in and turned it on. Everything worked, the A/C, the Defrost, and Air Circulation... everything except for the Head unit! I pressed the power button, but it stayed blank. Also, the keyless entry and dome light didn't work.

I read online that the keyless entry and dome light are connected to the OEM head unit, so by changing it, I would sacrifice those two. But I could not find out why the head unit wasn't working. A security feature maybe? (anyone?)

So, I didn't want to have a head unit in there that wasn't working, so i decided to put the OEM one back in. After finishing the switch, I put the key in, and turned it on. This time, the A/C light doesn't turn on when i press it, the Keyless entry and dome light are still shut off, and the Head Unit still does not turn on!

Does anyone have ANY idea of whats going on? Please reply as soon as you can!

Thanks
Old 08-01-2005, 03:56 PM
oei28

Did you check the fuses?
Old 08-02-2005, 01:10 PM
twinzam2785

Yeah it was the fuse in the door lock (for the keyless entry problem). As for the headunit being out, i dont know how the shop fixed it, but they got it to work.

Thanks for the post oei!