Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

speaker install

Old 07-11-2005, 06:46 AM
marabm75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default speaker install

i just bought a new set of speakers from my buddy, i have a 97 civic dx four door. I was wondering how to take off the door covering to get to the speakers, and i was also wanted to know how to take off the plastic in the back that covers the back speakers
Old 07-26-2005, 07:34 PM
akeura369

i gotta 90 integra so i dont really kno but usually the door speakers have a plastic cover that just clips off and on but u might have to unscrew a piece of paneling..and for the back speakers u usually have to go into the trunk and u will see where the cover is held down by a screw that holds the speaker in place
Old 07-27-2005, 05:31 AM
Special K

I'm pretty sure the fronts are clips and the rears you'll have to remove the side panels (if it's anything like the 97 2 door....)

download the 96-98 manual from www.hondahookup.com/manuals, it'll show you exactly what you need to do.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:10 AM
topnatchteg

Same Here I Have A 91 Integra Gs And We Hooked Up Da System Our Selves Fow Most Hondas I Seen Da Plastics Dat Cover Da Speakers Just Pop Off In Da Front And And The Back. Jus Get A Flat Head Ow Somedin And Pop Off Da Front Panale Speaker Covers Same With Da Rear.

K Otha Den Dat Pretty Easy Install On Civics

K Lates
Old 07-29-2005, 08:58 PM
03cbr600f4iguy

Originally Posted by topnatchteg
Same Here I Have A 91 Integra Gs And We Hooked Up Da System Our Selves Fow Most Hondas I Seen Da Plastics Dat Cover Da Speakers Just Pop Off In Da Front And And The Back. Jus Get A Flat Head Ow Somedin And Pop Off Da Front Panale Speaker Covers Same With Da Rear.

K Lates
what?
Old 08-02-2005, 03:20 AM
Special K

Originally Posted by topnatchteg

K Lates

TRANSLATION:

I agree with the previous post, as I own a 1991 Acura Integra GS. Some of my colleagues assisted me in installing stereo components. I have also seen stereo speakers installed in other Honda vehicles, and it is remarkably similar to my experiences with the Acura Integra. Many Honda vehicles have plastic covers that can be gently removed by means of prying with a flat head screwdriver or another type of prying device. Your front and rear speaker covers should just 'pop off' by means of applying force in the appropriate locations.

Aside from removing the covers, the install can be completed with relative ease on the Civic models.

Goodbye.

END TRANSLATION.

Actually, with the rear speaker panels, you can pry out the cover, but you are actually breaking it off (it's physically attached to the rear tray in the 1996-98 (not sure about the 99-00) in four places. It's possible to do, but it'll also be a pain in the ass removing the screws due to the way the speakers are positioned in relation to the tray cover. You're better off just removing the panels, then the tray. (as per my previous post, check out the manual from HHU for specific instructions.)
Old 08-02-2005, 08:23 AM
Chizzy

rofl at that ^
Old 08-02-2005, 02:11 PM
delsol161

nobody asked whic hset of speakers he was replacing...
Old 08-02-2005, 02:14 PM
sslkickers
My Car Is Slow

i have a 4 door accord and the way i put my speakers in was pop off the whole door panel using a screwdriver, a pretty big one. takes about 15-30 minutes. the back ones have screws in the trunk on mine that i just unscrewed and the panels popped off.

what size are you look at replacing?