Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

'90 Accord audio glitches and speaker install

Old 07-26-2005, 04:14 PM
skahunter831

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '90 Accord audio glitches and speaker install

hey y'all,

my car recently got broken into and the stereo stolen. i've installed a new one, but the ignition switcher power supply does not work, nor (constant does), nor does the cigarette lighter. there is also a loose wire running directly to the positive battery terminal hanging by the pedals. im guessing this wire somehow connects to the ignition switcher power supply? where? how? am i totally mistaken?

also, how do i get to the front speakers to replace them?

and in the back, do i need to drill pilot holes for my new speakers?

as you can see, i need a lot of help

thanks!!

andy
Old 07-26-2005, 04:25 PM
b00gers

Check for popped fuses in both fuse boxes. There is one under the dash, and another under the hood.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:10 AM
shitbrick2
Banned

yeah check for blown fuses, taking out factory speaker is easy as soon as you find out how you'll be suprised, check for screws around the speakers
Old 08-17-2005, 06:51 PM
MrHankey
90 Accord LX 213K miles

I also have a 90 Accord. I would highly recommend getting a Haynes manual for doing your own work. They cost around $15-$20, and cover all that stuff like speaker replacement, wiring diagrams, etc. As far as the wire hanging down, if you have a simple multimeter that can measure voltage, you can see if this is the ignition power wire by doing this: measure voltage by placing the red (positive) lead of the multimeter on the wire, and the black (neg) lead on any ground part of the car (this would be any metal part such as a screw, etc. that makes a physical connection with the body). If this is your ignition wire, it should read 0 volts with the key in off position and around 12 volts if you turn the key to the accessory position. Good luck and f*ck the bastards that broke into your car - I also had this happen once.