Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Problem with shift the car into Reverse.

Old 07-20-2005, 06:39 PM
Depression

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with shift the car into Reverse.

I have a Honda Civic 93 automatic.

I can't seem to shift out of parking when I first start the car and press on brake and try to shift into reverse. It looks like it was lock for some reason. The only way I could shift the car into reverse is to put a key in the shift lock place, to unlock the shift gear. Then my dad said the brake lights is not showing up. It maybe that one of the wire is short curcuit. I heard from somewhere that the problem was the shift lock solenoids. Anyone know where this is located?

Last edited by WiLL; 07-20-2005 at 07:43 PM.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:07 PM
Black95Accord

Dont know how to fix that but I think I just fried my brain trying to read and understand what you just said.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:42 PM
b00gers

Originally Posted by Depression
I have a Honda Civic 93 automatic.
Today while I was fixing my car with my dad, we saw a wire and tried to see where the wire came from. My dad then grounded the wire onto a piece of metal, and i think it jolted. Now when I turn on my car and try to shift gears from parking into reverse, it wont shift out of Park. I could shift the car into reverse only when I put the key in the shift lock place to unlock it. Plus the brake light is not working. But all the other lights work. Could anyone help me on this problem? I heard some ppl said that the problem was the shift lock solenoids. Does anyone know where that is at? I hope I could get this fix. Thanks to anyone who could provide suggestion on what to do.
I am going to rewrite your post...just so understanding of the problem can be better understood.

If your dad grounded something out, I would check to see if a fuse was blown. I dont know which one to check exactly, but just check all the fuse boxes under the dash and under the hood. Also, can you give us more details on where that wire was located?

Last edited by WiLL; 07-20-2005 at 07:44 PM.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:33 AM
Depression

Sorry about the unclear writing. the wire is near the right fender. We think that the wire was from was original for the alarm area.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:44 AM
Depression

plus the horn is not working.
I found what was the problem, thanks, in the fuses relay under the hood one of the fuse 30 amp was burnt, and when i replace it, it work now, thanks for your help.