Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Where do I find tachymeter for auto start car system?

Old 07-09-2005, 08:27 PM
laguire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where do I find tachometer for auto start car system?

Hey all.. newbie here..
I bought a used 99 integra with an aftermarket Lynx 2000 autostart alarm system. I ran my battery out and when I jumped it, my autostart stopped working giving an error message about needing to check the tachometer. Anyone happen to know what I might need to do? Or does anyoneknow where to find the tachometer (I suppose they mean the wires going to the tachometer?) If this isn't something I can fix what type of shop should I go to to get it fixed for cheapest? (I live in Chicago, btw) Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:50 AM
Oldschool
Boondock Saint

Default Try this

I would take it to an sound shop, ie, auto security/sound system shop. Might not be cheap...I have alot of history with my shop, they usually will reprogram my alarm at no cost.
Old 07-10-2005, 08:18 PM
laguire

Thanks for the response. Just so I can go in with a rough idea of cost and not get totally ripped off, how much do you think it would cost to reprogram my alarm? Anyone in chicago know a good place?
Old 07-11-2005, 12:10 PM
Oldschool
Boondock Saint

Default Alarm

My guess....20-30 dollars, tops to reprogram...I am not familiar with your make/model, but my clifford reprograms super easy. Sorry, not in Illinios. Good luck!
Old 07-11-2005, 04:29 PM
laguire

That dont sound to bad. Thanks for the reply!
Old 07-11-2005, 04:57 PM
94civicEX
I got worms.

Tachometer.

Anyways, find the fuse that runs to your alarm, pull it for a minute and put it back in.

Also, moving to Audio/Electronics.

duck squad member #00003
Old 07-11-2005, 08:03 PM
laguire

Sorry bout the wrong forum, thanks for the reply.. you know, i tried just disconnecting and reconnecting the battery and that didn't help.. do you think that pulling the fuse alone would be any different? (Since I bought the car used, haven't quite traced out the electronics yet and found which fuse it connects to; can't even find the actual brain to the unit sadly..)
Old 07-12-2005, 03:49 PM
vikool
98 Accord Coupe 5spd!

Your alarm is sold by asianwolf.com. I think its the same as the airwolf 20099. Check the website. You might be able to reprogram it yourself.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:23 PM
laguire

I downloaded the programming/install guide from lynx website, but I'm embarassed to say I can't even find the brain/module or the valet button (couldnt trace the cords to anything)
Old 07-12-2005, 11:49 PM
vikool
98 Accord Coupe 5spd!

That means it was a good stealth install .
Its control unit is probably under your dash. Since it has a remote start, try tracing the ignition wires under the dash. the12volt.com should have your vehicle wiring info. Also if you have an LED mounted somewhere, start by tracing the wires behind it.

Once you find the control unit, you should be able to trace the valet switch. It might be mounted near the hood release lever.