Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Factory Radio Anti-Theft

Old 07-12-2005, 11:09 AM
cweatherford

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory Radio Anti-Theft

I own a 1997 Acura 3.2TL and while driving down the road today the radio turned off and the anti-theft started blinking! The code does not work (I have the card with the correct code). I disconnected and then reconnected the battery hoping that it would prompt for the code, but it didn't. I contacted Acura and eventhough I had all the codes, vin, etc. they still treated me like I jacked the ride...any suggestions on how to get the radio back on?

Thank you
Old 07-12-2005, 12:37 PM
b00gers

What is the code that is flashing?
Old 07-13-2005, 07:21 AM
cweatherford

Default No Code

Thanks for the reply. There is no code flashing. The screen on the radio is blank and the power is off. I have tried to turn the power on and enter the anti-theft code (since the anti-theft light is blinking) but the no prompt for the code. Maybe the radio is dead?

Thanks
Old 07-13-2005, 07:55 AM
flyromeo3

Originally Posted by cweatherford
Thanks for the reply. There is no code flashing. The screen on the radio is blank and the power is off. I have tried to turn the power on and enter the anti-theft code (since the anti-theft light is blinking) but the no prompt for the code. Maybe the radio is dead?

Thanks

sounds like it could be dead.
Have you checked the fuse? The fuse wont help with the code but it will to determine if the fuse busted or not.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:46 AM
b00gers

Originally Posted by cweatherford
I own a 1997 Acura 3.2TL and while driving down the road today the radio turned off and the anti-theft started blinking! The code does not work (I have the card with the correct code). I disconnected and then reconnected the battery hoping that it would prompt for the code, but it didn't. I contacted Acura and eventhough I had all the codes, vin, etc. they still treated me like I jacked the ride...any suggestions on how to get the radio back on?

Thank you

You said "anti-theft" started blinking. What was blinking? The word "anti-theft"?

Yea, if nothing is on the screen, then it is not asking for the security code. Check the fuse that is in the cabin AND the fuse that is under the hood.