Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Subs in Sol

Old 07-07-2005, 06:20 AM
95 SOL
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subs in Sol

just curious if anybody's got subs in a del sol. I'm curious how it would sound and where you put them... there isn't much room in the cabin for anything custom at least i don't think and the trunk is also an option but when i take the top off the car i'm afraid it's going to rattle. thanks.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:39 PM
2gr84u
2gr84u

Originally Posted by 95 SOL
just curious if anybody's got subs in a del sol. I'm curious how it would sound and where you put them... there isn't much room in the cabin for anything custom at least i don't think and the trunk is also an option but when i take the top off the car i'm afraid it's going to rattle. thanks.
ive got a 10in my Sol, thumps hard enough for me and i always seem to have enough room to put other crap in there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
sol 6.JPG (95.8 KB, 87 views)
Old 07-11-2005, 05:47 PM
kiddcarbuff

2 10" rockford punch subs in a sealed box in the back...sounds great! the subs are facing the cabin placed all they way at the rear of the trunk area..lol jsut barely fits with the top in the trunk...they still sound good with the roof in there too!
Old 07-12-2005, 04:38 PM
delsol161

i currently have two 10s in my del sol's trunk. there really isn't much of a rattle or anything because the roof has the rubber/plastic junk where it clips onto the rack. the spare tire screw thing rattles on the spare though, cuz it keeps shaking loose. however, i am currently muilding a custom MDF/Fiberglass box that will sit behind the seats and replace the rear panel and storage compartment. it's going to house 3 12s. so, as long as you have the patients to figure out something creative, you can get away with a lot in your del sol.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:27 PM
Flatland2D

I've got a stealth box with two 8" subs behind the seats. It replaces the back panel with the locking compartments. The amp is mounted on the stealth box, so no trunk space is wasted on anything. I'll try and get a picture of it if anyone wants to see.

I'm actually looking to sell this. I think I'll put it on eBay, but I'll send the auction to anyone who wants it. Might be a few more days before I get around to it. It sounds (and feels) awesome, but I'm downgrading my Sol (just bought it about a week ago) because things like this will get stolen at my apartment. Sure wish I could keep it all, but my wife is making me do it.
Old 07-12-2005, 08:30 PM
M@rshy
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

Originally Posted by delsol161
i currently have two 10s in my del sol's trunk. there really isn't much of a rattle or anything because the roof has the rubber/plastic junk where it clips onto the rack. the spare tire screw thing rattles on the spare though, cuz it keeps shaking loose. however, i am currently muilding a custom MDF/Fiberglass box that will sit behind the seats and replace the rear panel and storage compartment. it's going to house 3 12s. so, as long as you have the patients to figure out something creative, you can get away with a lot in your del sol.
Get locking juice. Put it on the threads and the nut won't vibrate loose until you loosen it with your fingers.