Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Mono sub amp

Old 06-08-2005, 07:16 PM
Lt.woohoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mono sub amp

I am having some problems that just started with my mono sub amp. These are the problems. When I first turn on the head unit and amp, the amp doesn't always come on. The light on the amp flickers once about 20 seconds apart before it comes on. It is like it turns on for less then a second and then turns off. Second, it clips really easily and sometimes it will turn off for seemingly no reason and start the flicker process over again. It is frustrating as hell. I have checked the fuses and the wires and unless i am missing something I don't think that is the problem. I first thought it could be the ground but I am not sure.

Here is what I have.

Honda civic 2002
Head unit\ alpine 9823
stock in the front
alpine 6x9 in the rear

Infinity mono sub 610a
two infinity 1030 w in a sealed box
Old 06-08-2005, 11:15 PM
b00gers

Maybe you should check your ground or remote wire.

The subs are single voice coil 4 OHM. And that amp is stable down to 2 OHM, so there goes my theory.

This is just start happening? Or have the setup never worked before.
Old 06-09-2005, 04:08 PM
Lt.woohoo

it just started happening. the remote wire, i kind of rigged. I just cut it and used electrical tape but I am sure I made a good connection. However, the alpine 9823 has a switch to turn off the sub amp but it has never worked. I tried turning it off when i first installed it and it just stayed on.
Old 06-09-2005, 06:53 PM
flatliner
Fix It

could be a faulty head unit or a very poor ground.