Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Bose Blows!!!

Old 06-02-2005, 10:40 AM
Johncin13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bose Blows!!!

I have 2001 Acura CL (Not a type-s) I want to add a dvd player to my my car but fm-modulation is out of the question because that's bush league to me (No disrespect to any modulators out there). Anyway I was hoping to get an in-dash DVD player with a fold out screen but in doing so I heard I must rewire the car? Now my question is, does anyone have instructions or know how to do this that could help me. I've installed stereos, speakers, tv's, and ran amps before so I'm not brand new to the game it's just I've never rewired a whole car before. Please help.

P.S. BOSE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-03-2005, 04:39 AM
SkyLord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you most likely have to bypass the amp
this means finding the amp in the car, figureing out which wires are the inputs, finding the outputs that go to the speakers. cutting off both plugs and wiring them together. its a decent amount of work and unless you know what your doing its not suggested. however on a good amount of cars with bose systems you can just turn on the factory amp. i would try that first.