Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Anti Theft?

Old 06-01-2005, 02:23 PM
mikesta21
93preludesi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anti Theft?

what can you do to make a car like a honda prelude 93' secure? (it doesnt have any standard security features from what I know only the anti theft radio.

What should I do?
Old 06-01-2005, 03:13 PM
tonysstudio

you can wire up a kill switch.

http://www.tonysauto.org/pages/Kill%...%20Install.htm
Old 06-01-2005, 05:13 PM
Ludemandan
Prelude tracktion

My 93 Prelude was stolen, I have a 94 now, I've become paranoid about security, and I'm not buying a fuel cutoff switch. I'm sure they work fine if you hide them right, but good thieves apparently know to look for them. The main thing, though, is that you have to flick it every damn time you park your car. Also, what happens if the car stops running three blocks down the road? The driver can't park it. He might crash it.
I like the idea of under the shift boot, that's pretty slick. Just don't flick it accidentally!

If you're willing to spend a lot of money, you could get Lo-Jack, the tracking system. www.lojack.com

Do you have an alarm?

Dan
Old 06-02-2005, 10:09 AM
mikesta21
93preludesi

so if your not scared of your car being stolen(as far as location its parked) you still half to shut the fuel pump off using the kill switch?
Old 06-03-2005, 12:47 AM
Ludemandan
Prelude tracktion

No, you don't have to... But my first Prelude was stolen when I got lazy and stopped using the alarm. I guess your point is that the switch doesn't cause any necessary inconvenience, which is true. Doesn't hurt to have it there.
Old 06-03-2005, 11:14 AM
Sushiboy
Invincible dinner!

I had my Civic stolen a couple of years ago, and now use various theft-deterrants on my wife's Civic.

The Club
The Autolock
Alarm
Fuel cutoff

I know people say the club/autolock aren't going to necessarily stop all thieves, and that's true. However, time is the enemy of the thief, and if it take a thief 10 min vs. 5 min to steal a car, he'll most likely go to the easier one.