Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Possible Blown Fuse?

Old 05-31-2005, 02:27 PM
DiZ_'96Accord
Mod Hungry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible Blown Fuse?

Hey,

Bought a new Alpine headunit (50w x4) and 350w Pioneer 6x9s last weekend. When I took out the JVC stereo that was installed, I found the factory plugs had been cut, and the JVC plug had been hardwired in.

Not too much trouble, I just hardwired in the alpine plugs and the stereo worked fine.

Then a couple days later I was driving about, tunes cranked up a little, everything was great. However as soon as I turned the volume upto 20, the stereo died. All power lost.

Because its a ballache taking the stereo out and checking, I thought Id post here to see what you guys might think the prob is. My first thought is the 10 fuse on the back of the headunit.

Any advice/ideas are will be greatly appreciated

DiZ
Old 05-31-2005, 02:51 PM
94civicEX
I got worms.

That'd be my first guess.

duck squad member #00003
Old 05-31-2005, 04:49 PM
TTT

Yeah, probably a fuse somewhere. But, it is most likely going to keep blowing unless you change something. Double check the connections for the power, ground, and turn on wires, make sure everything is solid.