Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

2001 Civic LX CD/Cassette Deck Question.

Old 05-24-2005, 10:22 PM
01CivicLX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Civic LX CD/Cassette Deck Question.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone, new to the forum. Ok, I was just wondering about the 2001 Civic LX, can you put a CD deck under the cassette deck? I don't really want to remove the cassette deck, and i wanted to put an aftermarket CD player underneath the cassette deck. But I saw the Honda Installation Kit for the CD Decks and it looks like only the top slot is used for the CD or Cassette. Is the buttom slot used only for a place to put tapes and cd's or can I install a CD deck into it? I'm kinda new to this thing as you can tell... if anyone can clarify this, that'd be great!

If you take a look at this honda custom installation kit http://www.circuitcity.com/IMAGE/pr....MET.997899.JPG
the top space is already installed with a cassette deck in my car. The thing i wanna know is whether i can install a CD deck in taht second space under the first one.... it looks kinda skinny and it doesn't look like you can cut it out or anything.
Old 05-25-2005, 03:33 PM
VPUPPY

that dash kit is for when you replace the factory radio with an aftermarket radio. is there any reason you want a cassette deck still? it would make it easier to remove it but if you really want, it can be done but it won't look too good. you would have to get some custom work done.
Old 05-28-2005, 08:15 PM
01CivicLX

i don't know... i still want it just cuz of the clock display (although the cd decks will have clock), and it's just a part of the car so why take it out when you can leave it in and add a cd deck. Does anyone own a 2001 civic lx, that added a cd deck on the second slot?? can ya show me some pix?
Old 06-02-2005, 07:45 AM
VPUPPY

to be honest with you, it will look cleaner in your car to just have one radio.