Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Stupid Question

Old 05-18-2005, 12:39 PM
g0ose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid Question

Ok guys sorry to ask such a stupid question. I just got an 89 Accord LX-i and all the speakers that i had previously in my old car fit this one. I went to go look and cannot figure out how to get the grills off the rear deck. I know, I know, hard to believe i got stuck there. In my previous experience i've always just pryed grills off but these ones wont budge and i don't want to break them. Do i just need to go harder or is there some way to get them off that i'm missing? Thanks for any help.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:23 PM
99IntegraGS

'89 Accord grills have bolts built into them that go through holes in the rear deck/shelf and are secured with nuts. You'll have to remove the nuts from inside the trunk to be able to remove the grills. Once removed you'll find that the speakers mount inside the grills. turn them over and use a Phillips head screw driver to remove the screws so you can remove the grill cover from the base.

Or at least that's what it was like in an '87 Accord I had years ago.

JD
Old 05-18-2005, 04:41 PM
g0ose

Thanks a million! I had a feeling that's what the bolts underneath might be for. Thanks again