Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

elctrical

Old 05-14-2005, 05:59 AM
kannan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default elctrical

how to install napster insted of a cd player
Old 05-14-2005, 07:27 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

napster is an online music service. a store where you buy playable, downloadable music, called mp3's

cd players play music.
Old 05-14-2005, 09:01 AM
kmcaprice14

Yeah.... not too sure what you are talking about, but if you are referring to using an MP3 player as an input to your car stereo, you can either use an FM transmitter (low quality), or use a set of headphone out to RCA in cables to run it as an input for your head unit.

Rule of thumb: Before clicking Submit thread, think to yourself "Is anyone going to have a damn clue what I'm talking about?" If the answer is no, don't click that button.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:46 AM
kannan

Default Stereo replacement

Originally Posted by kmcaprice14
Yeah.... not too sure what you are talking about, but if you are referring to using an MP3 player as an input to your car stereo, you can either use an FM transmitter (low quality), or use a set of headphone out to RCA in cables to run it as an input for your head unit.

Rule of thumb: Before clicking Submit thread, think to yourself "Is anyone going to have a damn clue what I'm talking about?" If the answer is no, don't click that button.
Thank you for your reply. I have a Belkin FM transmitter even then I want to swap the MP3 player instead of a stereo.
Old 05-18-2005, 01:07 PM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

what kind of mp3 player do you have? since you mentioned "Belkin", I'm assuming an iPod.
Old 05-19-2005, 05:44 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

Well, I'm just going to assume you're using an Apple iPod since you said "Belkin", a popular manufacturer of iPod accessories.

Option 1. Select this if you:

1. Want high sound quality
2. Want to control your iPod though your radio

First, you need to purchase a radio that is iPod compatable. These start as low as $150 depending the brand of radio you select. Alpine (best), Kenwood (good), Pioneer (budget) are all companies that make radios with an optional iPod controler.

I have the Alpine CDA-9855. (list $449)

You can go less expensive with the Alpine CDA-9830. (list $249)

Next, you'll need to purchase the iPod adapter.

I have the Alpine KCA-420i

Installation is a breeze on the adapter. Just plug it into the back of the radio, the plug it into your iPod.

Option 2. Select this if you:

1. Want high sound quality
2. Don't want to spend alot of money
3. Don't have an iPod

First, you need to purchase a radio that has "auxiliary input".

Alpine CDE-9845 (list $179)

Then you can use these cables to hook it up to your mp3 player.

The red and white RCA ends go to the back of the radio, the black 1/8th goes to your mp3 player. You will control your mp3 player through the player, not the radio.

Without purchasing a new radio, you've done all you can with the Belkin FM Modulator. That's your least expensive option.