Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

98 acura tl 2.5 and Thor 2 way alarm system

Old 05-14-2005, 04:13 PM
santa1666

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 acura tl 2.5 and Thor 2 way alarm system

ok first of all, this forum is an excellent source of informaiton for people like me. coming to the point I bought a THOR 2 way alarm system, alram, remote entry , remote starter and trunk release. I got it installed from a professional electronic shop. Now here is a problem, the alarm and arming part work but door lock and remote starter will not. the technician think that the remote starter and locks come with some kind of activation code that is not provided

The company swears that the unit comes programmed from company to work out of the box and that technicial has wired wrong. They even offered to replace the brain module.

Acura delaership confirms that there is no immobilizer or any other thing to hinder start or locks.

Does anyone have any idea why my remote starter or door locks will not work.

If someone can tell me what kind of door locks does my acura tl 2.5 have, central/motor under driver seat, positive triggered, negative triggered or whatever?

I think wiring is wrong but i would like to get as many suggestions as I can.

Can someone know anything like programming the remote starter or lock before oprating.

please help me.

thanks