Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Question reg. '96 Integra stock keyless entry remote

Old 05-14-2005, 01:50 AM
Sindhu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question reg. '96 Integra stock keyless entry remote

Hello friends,

I have owned an Acura Integra bought brand new in 1996 (GSR, 4 Door). Anyone else using this model of the car may be able to answer a question that I have.

The stock keyless remote used to work differently before and I don't know whether I accidently 're-programmed' it by mistake. The car used to lock or unlock either using the 'muted' or 'chirp' buttons, but these days it locks on its own after about 30 seconds even though I don't press any of the remote's buttons. I figure that it is one of the available functions of the remote, but I'd rather not have it turned on. How can I get it back to how it was before?

Secondly, the manual does not say anything about the keyless remote! However, I remember having read something about the various programming modes for the remote; did the remote come with a seperate manual that I don't remember possessing, and if so how can I get a copy?

Sorry about the exhaustive question, would very much appreciate an answer. Thanks in advance. Emails welcome.

Sindhu
aravind@charterNOSPAM.net (remove 'NOSPAM', please)