Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

1995 Integra coupe - new speakers make car BUZZ!

Old 05-02-2005, 04:11 PM
WiLLGT09

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 Integra coupe - new speakers make car BUZZ!

Hi everyone,
I recently installed 4 new 6.5 inch (w/ grills) Panasonic speakers in my '95 Integra. The specs for the car, and from Crutchfield say that 6.5 inch speakers fit my car, so I am pretty sure that this is not the reason, but when ever the music I play is loud/has a decent amount of bass, it makes a very noticeable buzzing sound!! (it is almost exclusively from the rear two speakers). I am not sure if the speakers are vibrating the large amounts of the plastic interior (if so, how do I fix that?) I also noticed that the factory grill covers/"speaker hole" edge touch the edge of the flexible cone rim: could that have anything to do with it?
All in all, I believe that it is caused by the large amount of plastic vibrating, but I am not sure. This is really bothering me, as I like my music crisp and clear.

Thank you,
William
Old 05-02-2005, 05:30 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

[Moved to Audio & Security.]

First off, welcome to HAN. :cheers: I moderate the Integra forum, but I've moved your thread here as a matter of policy.

I run a set of Infinity 625i speakers in the rear. While they're a bit shallower than your Panasonics...I've never had any problems with vibration.

My bet is that the speaker itself is vibrating against the plastic mounting "basket" because it's a little too deep to fit flush..

I'd check to see that the speaker mounting flange is seated fully and that the screws holding the mounting baskets are tight. You may need to trim the plastic mount to clear the speaker magnet. Assuming the speaker fits properly, torque down the mounting screws at all points.

That ought to take care of it.

Welcome to the board.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 05-02-2005, 06:20 PM
WiLLGT09

Default RE: 1995 Integra coupe - new speakers make car BUZZ!

Thanks for the quick response!
I remember that the flange around the rim of the factory speakers extended out past the cone, but the panasonics do not. Is there anyway to make the "hole" bigger and more accomdating for the speakers without doing some major interior work?

Thanks,
William