Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Alarm Sirens

Old 04-26-2005, 02:57 PM
19.3secS2K
my bum is on the swedish!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm Sirens

Do these not last long or something?

after 3 years, mine is starting to work intermitantly. But then again, it came with an autopage alarm (not exactly quality)

any similar problems? I checked what I could with the wires, but I didn't see any disconnections (althought I didn't check the whole length, since its particially covered)

I'm about to go out and check for continuity just in case, but I'm almost certain power/ground is getting through.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:55 PM
ihookitup4u

I have been doing this for a long time and in my experience it is normaly where it is located. I would try moving it and making sure that it is pointing downward but not straight down due to the fact that those nose cones hold water so at a slight angle and you could take a 8th inch drill bit and drill a hole in the hose cone so if and when it gets water in it will drain.

But to actually answer your question no they dont burn up very fast at all. I have seen a few that go out now and then but they should last a long time.

Blah, Blah, Blah !!!!!!
Old 04-26-2005, 11:04 PM
19.3secS2K
my bum is on the swedish!

well, as a matter of fact, it was facing straight down. It doesn't rain much here, but when it pours, it floods, and water stays on the roads. There were many times I would drive in the rain, and when I'd lock my car, the alarm pitch/tone was off. (my car went through over a year of delivery work h: ) I imagine that had alot to do with it. That, and the cheap brand thing.

know of a good location on a 96 civic? It was previously located dead center on the firewall.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:15 PM
ihookitup4u

thats a good spot in that car but pull 1 screw out and twist it alittle.
try that hole in the nose trick to it will not change the sound any it just a 8th inch hole. hope i helped!