Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Viper Alarm System?

Old 03-22-2005, 04:26 PM
Ryancall
Ryan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Viper Alarm System?

I was just wondering if the Viper 550 ESP alarm system was a system that when you barely hit the car it chirps a couple of times and when you hit the car a little bit harder, the alarm goes off... Also can you roll up and down the windows from the remote??
Old 03-28-2005, 12:46 PM
nex-gensjdmteg

where did you put the shock sensor. you are suppost to zip tie it to a bundle of wires if you have it on a piece of medal it will go of all the time i have a window mod it did that to me when the shock sensor was next to metal
Old 04-26-2005, 08:11 AM
TheWatcher

Ryancall,

That's the way the alarm is designed. If you hit it lightly, it gives you a warning chirp. This is to tell people to back off and stop hitting your ride. If you bump it hard enough, the alarm goes off. That's what your alarm is supposed to do.

No you can't roll down the windows with the remote. You can always go to the DEI site and check if there is an add-on to your alarm that will do that, but I seriously doubt it.

If your ride is getting knocked hard enough for the alarm to go off, and it happens enough for you to ask your question about the alarm going off, I'd say you have problems more important than your alarm. Get who ever is hitting you car to stop it! :lmao:

Peace.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:21 PM
ihookitup4u

the 550 is a good alarm with start.
Shock sensor does warn away then full trigger.
And yes you have 2 channels left on that alarm you could hook up window modules if you have power windows. The alarm will roll up the windows on arming and then you can roll then down with 1 channel use the other channel for manual up if you want or something else like sunroof.