Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Code For Stock Stereo [DC/DB Integra]

Old 04-25-2005, 07:19 PM
shabacash
I'M SO JDM, I HAVE SARS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Code For Stock Stereo

I was wondering if Acura charges $ for looking up a code for a stereo.

Also if the stereo reads Err 3, do u think if i disconnested and reconnected the battery, that would solve te problem?
Old 04-25-2005, 07:23 PM
b00gers

ERR3 means that the stereo lost power and it needs the security code. Disconnecting the battery will not work. You need to enter the code that is supplied with that deck. If you can pull the deck and get the serial number, you can call up an Acura dealer and they should be able to give you a code without any hassle. If they try to charge you, hang up and try a different dealer.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:36 PM
shabacash
I'M SO JDM, I HAVE SARS

can i call an acura outside NY, cuz its like 11 30 here and i bet its alot earlier out in the west . If u know any nice acura dealers, lemme know deir phone number. thanks
Old 04-25-2005, 08:31 PM
b00gers

Originally Posted by shabacash
can i call an acura outside NY, cuz its like 11 30 here and i bet its alot earlier out in the west . If u know any nice acura dealers, lemme know deir phone number. thanks

They usually close at 6 ish...thats 3-4 hours ago here.

Try Oakland Acura, ask for Daryl (sp)
Old 04-25-2005, 08:33 PM
Eclypz

Just a heads up to not try more than 3 times if the code provided isn't working.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:07 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Music isn't that important. Just wait until morning for best results. I assume you have the serial number on hand?
Old 04-25-2005, 09:48 PM
shabacash
I'M SO JDM, I HAVE SARS

no, the shits still in my car. I got my car from a lady who works at a curch in rochester. I dont know why a lady from church was driving around a stick integra. And i killed the battery this one time and tried ghetto stupid codes cuz i didnt have that ladys tele, and therefore jammed my system up fo shizzle. I dont really give a tiny rats ass about music bro, but after along period of time, u just wanna pop that 50 cent and you know....

thats the reality. still have to figure out how to yank this thing outta me car. hopefully its not a biotch!
Old 04-25-2005, 09:59 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

no, the shits still in my car. I got my car from a lady who works at a curch in rochester. I dont know why a lady from church was driving around a stick integra. And i killed the battery this one time and tried ghetto stupid codes cuz i didnt have that ladys tele, and therefore jammed my system up fo shizzle. I dont really give a tiny rats ass about music bro, but after along period of time, u just wanna pop that 50 cent and you know....

thats the reality. still have to figure out how to yank this thing outta me car. hopefully its not a biotch!
I never have the urge to pop in 50 cent, but anyways...

I didn't have the serial number or code for my radio when I bought the car, so I had the get the serial number from the back of the radio. If you remove the center console along with the cup holders, ashtray and cigarette lighter, you should be able to read the code from the back of the radio without actually removing it. To remove it, you will need the smallest asian hands you can find to get up in there and remove those screws to pop it out. My hands weren't asian enough, so I just read the code and saved myself the hassle. All you really need for the job is a screwdriver and a socket set.

Then I went to dealership and they ran the serial number through the system and instantly gave me a code without any hassle.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:25 PM
shabacash
I'M SO JDM, I HAVE SARS

so its not just me who thinks that only asian hands can get into these cars. knew it!!
Old 04-25-2005, 10:31 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

so its not just me who thinks that only asian hands can get into these cars. knew it!!
I have replaced my piston rings, installed my turbo kit, suspension jobs, brake jobs, etc but removing the radio is the only thing my sausage hands could not do. h: