Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Radio doesn't work (this is a new one)...

Old 04-15-2005, 07:42 PM
ABTsportsline

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio doesn't work (this is a new one)...

i was installing a new pioneer deck (replacing my old Sony), and i hadn't finalized the connections as i was testing it to make sure it worked before i permanently installed it.

well i forgot to tape up one of the connections (happend to be constant power yellow), and it zapped on the metal frame that surrounds the radio opening... the radio was not sitting in the deck at the time, but was plugged in...

after that happened, it won't turn on - nothing. i checked the fuse on the power lead for the radio, checked the constant on fuse (the line that touched), and it was fine.... even checked the fuse on the fuse panel (10A), and it was fine.

so no fuses were blown yet i get no power...

so i tried hooking up my old Sony deck to see if i blew up the new pioneer, but the old sony deck won't work now either. so i must have jacked something up somewhere but i don't know what else to check! please help!
Old 04-15-2005, 07:58 PM
b00gers

What car is this. There is also a fuse under the hood that goes through the head unit and clock's power. I am willing to bet that one is blown.
Old 04-15-2005, 08:13 PM
ABTsportsline

Originally Posted by WiLL
What car is this. There is also a fuse under the hood that goes through the head unit and clock's power. I am willing to bet that one is blown.
sorry, its a '93 civic sedan.

thanks i'll check under the hood.
Old 04-15-2005, 08:26 PM
ABTsportsline

thats what it was, thanks!

the 7.5 amp fuse that controls the backup light... for some reason that prevents the radio from working too. ?
Old 04-15-2005, 09:23 PM
b00gers

Originally Posted by ABTsportsline
thats what it was, thanks!

the 7.5 amp fuse that controls the backup light... for some reason that prevents the radio from working too. ?
Yup. Glad you found it. :thumbup: