Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

loud crackling + no sound from speakers

Old 04-09-2005, 10:43 AM
narc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default loud crackling + no sound from speakers

after about 1.5 years with no problems from my system, all of a sudden my speakers are making a very loud crackling sound while playing music or there is complete silence. i can still hear the sub but nothing coming from interior speakers. most of the crackling sounds like its coming from the front right or back left. i took the door panel off the right door and all the connections seemed ok. i installed this all myself, any advice?

setup below

Alpine 9807 cd player
Alpine SPR-134A
Alpine SPR-136A components
Alpine SWR-1222D 12"
px600.2 amp
Old 04-09-2005, 05:17 PM
DaNnYsEvEn
ThInK PiNk!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

either the speakers are just dead...or (+) is crossing with (-) internally in the speakers or frayed wire. best thing start off by unpluging one of the speakers..then turn on the radio and see if you still hear the crackling...if you still hear it put that one back in and unplug the next one.. repeat till you get all your speakers. this will determine if the speakers are dead...if you happen to unplug one of the speakers and the everything goes back to normal then thats the bad speaker.
based on the crackling and sometimes no sound...i would assume the speakers are just dead..