Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

2001 front speakers

Old 04-06-2005, 06:08 PM
spilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 front speakers

does 2001 ex coupe have 6.5 up front. i have 6X9 in the back, which i found strange, cuz i've always thought that it had 6.5 in the rear as well...
Old 04-07-2005, 09:02 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

what are we talking about? an Accord, Civic?
Old 04-07-2005, 02:07 PM
spilot

sorry, 01 civic ex.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:55 PM
spilot

also, is the wiring any different front <00's, i have found this usefull piece, but not sure if it's the same for 01's

http://www.installdr.com/InstallDocs...PDF/466005.pdf
Old 04-08-2005, 01:22 PM
crak600
Hi

You can house a 6.5" speaker in the doors of the 01+ Civics, but it's got to be a shallow speaker and you need a mount for it.

I tried to put a set of eD comps in my doors and they're too deep. I need to order some kickpanels for the car real soon.

My rears are a 6.5" or 5.25", not sure, but they're not 6x9s. I have an 03 EX Sedan.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:12 PM
spilot

has anyone fit infinity refs' (regular ones). i got some on the way, just curious if i should even give em a shot, or send em back and get shallow mounts. thanks! also, how do i take the door panel off.
Old 04-17-2005, 12:32 PM
crak600
Hi

Remove the "sail" (piece that covers the access to the mirror).

Pry out the lower part of the door pull handle. Take your time, as there's plastic clips holding it and you don't want to break them.

Remove the 2 screws that are visable after you take off the lower part of the door pull handle. NOTE - there are 4 screws in there. The 2 that are in the center of the pull handle are NOT the ones to take off. Take off the one that's furthest back and the one that's furthest forward. Leave the 2 in the center alone.

If you have manual windows, get a rag and work it back and forth while sliding the rag up underneath the door handle. This will help you to release the C Clip holding the window crank on to the post.

Behind the door open handle there's a rectangular access cover. Pry it off and remove the 2 screws underneath the handle. Rotate the clip holding the release linkage rod to the handle and remove the handle.

There's 7 plastic retaining clips holding the door panel to the door. Pry on the door panel to pull them out of the metal. I recommend starting at one of the bottom corners. If you break them, they are very cheap to replace. I think Advance Auto has them in 5 packs for $2-3.

If you have power windows, good luck getting the wiring loose. I couldn't get mine off for some reason. Don't know what the problem was there, probably my fault. I just used a thick piece of wire ran through the door lock hole and wrapped up around the top of the door to keep it out of my way.

When putting the door panel back on, don't be afraid to take the butt of your hand and give the door panel a quick smack to drive the plastic retaining clips back into the door. You don't really want them sliding in with ease anyway.

Any other questions?
Old 04-17-2005, 12:33 PM
spilot

thanks a lot buddy.