Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

best alarm install?

Old 09-02-2002, 06:46 PM
arch iceman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by j-speed racer
70k on the alarm system!!!!!!! i hope you meant 70k for everything thats on the car, like stereo, 18 tv's, rims, performance parts, etc. if he spent 70k on an alarm WOW!. was the car even worth 70k? i really hope you were talking about everything on the car.
$70k total for audio equipment, security equipment, and labor. No performance and cosmetics were done. I believe at the time the car costed around $75k new.
Old 09-02-2002, 06:50 PM
j-speed racer

what all was installed as far as audio equipment?
Old 09-03-2002, 09:47 PM
arch iceman

Originally posted by j-speed racer
what all was installed as far as audio equipment?
Its been over 3 years since the install. From what I remember Image Dynamics horns, Dynaudio mids, Focal subs, McIntosh amps, Vampire Wire, McIntosh CD deck, Precision Power processors, a laptop with custom software....

The entire car was stripped and gutted and Dynamatted with 3 layers on all surfaces. Even body panels were removed from the car to sound dampen that couldnt be accessed from the inside.

The front quarter panels of the car body were removed and the kick panel enclosures were cut and welded into the car. The main feature of the car was the kickpanels were motorized based on listener position for different drivers (owner and his wife) who's sitting positions were preset into the motorized seat memory feature. Hundreds of hours were spent auditioning and designing the system to motorize the kick panels. Also the owner of the car owned a software design company and had his technicians develop the program necessary to control everything.

Trunk was built with a combination of fiberglass and plexiglass featuring 2 Focal 15" subs, motorized amp and processor racks, neon accents, and 12" LCD touch screen which gave an interactive demo of the car. It is still to this day the most ambitious project I have ever completed, and was also the most famous.