Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

heat units problem

Old 03-15-2005, 08:12 PM
hoolavoola

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heat units problem

Does anyone know what are the possible problems that lead motorized face-plate not closing. I installed my head units on to my accord and now that new head units doesn't close. Everything works fine. And alot of heat dissipate off the unit. Any idea?
Old 03-15-2005, 08:26 PM
ACURAmechanic

Wtf?!?
Old 03-15-2005, 08:47 PM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

most head units tend to heat up after/during use. You might want to call the manufacturer of your unit if its still under warranty
Old 03-16-2005, 05:01 PM
VPUPPY

what kind of radio did you install? i have seen sony cd players do this before. i just reset it by unpluggin it and waiting. the after pluggin it back in it moved back.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:26 AM
dave97LX
is a guitar hero

yeah, I have the CDX-MP80, which has a motorized face and a pop-out cd tray...and often times (I'd say 4, 5 out of 10 tiivimes) I'll press 'close' on the tray and the face will get like halfway closed and then return to its down position. I've been having to give it a gentle push to assist it in closing since it started. Am I having the same problem you're talking about VPUPPY?
Old 03-17-2005, 05:47 PM
VPUPPY

Originally Posted by dave97LX
yeah, I have the CDX-MP80, which has a motorized face and a pop-out cd tray...and often times (I'd say 4, 5 out of 10 tiivimes) I'll press 'close' on the tray and the face will get like halfway closed and then return to its down position. I've been having to give it a gentle push to assist it in closing since it started. Am I having the same problem you're talking about VPUPPY?
no, thats not what i am talking about. i was talking about the face getting stuck in the open position. for your case it would not hurt to open it up and clean it up the inside. then grease the moving parts inside and on the front of the radio. sometimes excess dirt and dust can cause the problem your describing.
Old 03-18-2005, 06:28 PM
hoolavoola

Originally Posted by VPUPPY
no, thats not what i am talking about. i was talking about the face getting stuck in the open position. for your case it would not hurt to open it up and clean it up the inside. then grease the moving parts inside and on the front of the radio. sometimes excess dirt and dust can cause the problem your describing.
Yeah, my cd's motorized face-plate was stuck in the open position. well, I was frustrated. But I got my problems fixed by not doing anything. lol. I tried to unplug and replug the connector back and that didnt help. Finally, it just rolled back in when i decided to ignore it and leaving my car. The only other problems i'm looking at right now is that after using my cd for like 30min. the back of my head unit is operating around 125degree F. Is it normal?
Old 03-19-2005, 12:24 PM
VPUPPY

it should get a little hot behind there, don't know exact temp range. the built in amp and the cd spinning(the motor) can generate a lot of heat so i would not worry. how long where you using the cd player for before you took the temp?
Old 03-21-2005, 12:59 AM
91civicb16a

Default Getting a head unit fixed

I bought a pioneer deh-p6600 from my brother when it came out a year or 2 ago and about 2 months ago i went to put in my car and no sound but it powers and everything, i think i might have touched power to the speaker wires and blew the internal amp. Now my question is...where can I get this fixed?
Old 03-21-2005, 04:56 AM
VPUPPY

Originally Posted by 91civicb16a
I bought a pioneer deh-p6600 from my brother when it came out a year or 2 ago and about 2 months ago i went to put in my car and no sound but it powers and everything, i think i might have touched power to the speaker wires and blew the internal amp. Now my question is...where can I get this fixed?
the built in amp in pioneers are hard to blew. i have blown one, which caused a burning smell and the cd player would not work(no lights nothing). in your case, i would check all the speaker connections in your car. what could be happening is that one of the speaker wires is somehow getting a ground(touching the cars body or possibly two speaker wires touching together). this would cause the deck to power up but the amp not to play. if everything else functions right(lights up, radio stations show up, cd spins), i would check all the speaker wires with a muiltimeter. you can check for continuity between each speaker wire with all the other wires(test them one by one). also test for continuity between the cars chassis or ground and each speaker wire(one by one).