Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Power door lock wires? where are they????

Old 03-20-2005, 04:14 PM
terrysoutboard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power door lock wires? where are they????

95 integra, I know its a 3 wire neg system, and I thought I had the wire colors and locations- when I test the wires I have my test light clip on a positive, I stick the supposed wire and hit the lock switch in the proper direction, I should get a ground pulse in that wire right? I cant seem to locate the 2 wires nec. to finish my alarm install. Can anyone please help???
Old 03-21-2005, 05:10 AM
VPUPPY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you are right, locks in hondas are negative trigger. where are you getting the wires from? are you getting it from the drivers side kick panel off the big gray harness? if you believe it to be the correct wire, the locks should kick if you use a jumper wire connected to it on one end and on the other you touch it for a second to ground. btw, its better to use a multimeter to test wires than a test light on cars equipped with air bags - test lights can short out certain devices.