Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Stock CD Player and CD-R's

Old 03-14-2005, 09:01 AM
noteful

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock CD Player and CD-R's

i'm having alot of trouble playing CD's that i make for some reason. At first i thought the cd player couldn't play cd-r's but i was able to play some of my friend's cd's. Everytime i burn a CD and put it in it says something like "P-E 0" then just ejects the cd. not sure whats going on.

Maybe its the files im puttin on it... regular cd players should be able to play .wav's right. what i do is use a program to convert all my mp3's to wav's then just media player to burn the wav's onto cd. is this the right way.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:03 AM
k3ifers
k three ifers

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

i use nero to burn cds.. my sony has no trouble playing them at all. you get it at www.download.com, theres a 30 day trial or something.. it converts the mp3's for you, so you dont have to do it on your own or anything
Old 03-14-2005, 10:19 AM
noteful

i just tried using nero... no luck, same thing is happening. the exact error the player displays is "P-E 0"

man this is getting annoying. the files i want to convert are .wma files, so i used "Precision CD WAV MP3" to convert all those files to .wav files.... then i used nero to make an audio CD and burned all those .wav files onto the disc. What am i doing wrong???
Old 03-14-2005, 11:41 AM
JL95AccorD

what you are doing wrong is burning wav files probably. Try burning the mp3 file rather than converting to wav. I think win media always converts mp3 to wav before it burns. I don't remember if you can configure it to do otherwise, so just use a different program to burn.
Old 03-14-2005, 12:30 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

look up the error code, i'm pretty sure thats disc not found, or damaged disc....

it is not the way you are burning them but rather how the cd player is set up... it's not set up to read whatever media you are using.... try CD-rw's or different types of cd's... some of them use different inks and such and that could explain why your friends work and yours don't

now that may be the problem or it could be you are writing them so fast that the disc is getting warped int eh drive.. try writing a cd at suttin like 16X with a read buffer (set it in the nero preferences) to suttin like 80+ megs.... that way you know the cd will be perfectly written without flaws
Old 03-14-2005, 04:24 PM
VPUPPY

it should not matter if you are using .wav or mp3 format. the program you use to burn AUDIO discs automatically converts those either of those two formats to .cda, which is what cd players use.
Old 03-14-2005, 06:33 PM
kevinthefawker

dont use cheap ass blank find some name brands, i use tdk and maxell and they work fine at any speed. when burning with nero just select audio cd and drag in your mp3 files no need to convert.
Old 03-14-2005, 07:42 PM
dave97LX
is a guitar hero

kevinthefawker's right. cheaper no-name CD-R's are very inconsistent in terms of which players will play them. chances are your computer will have no trouble playing the CD, but my old honda stock CD player played memorex CDs fine and would not play compaq CDRs for example. also, the older your car CD player is (mine was a 97), the less likely it is to be able to play more kinds of CD-Rs. so stick with memorex, sony, iomega tdk CD-Rs etc. all of which I've used before and work fine. also, I've found that older CD players are less likely to be able to read CD-RWs, so stay away from those and stick to CD-Rs.