Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Why is my security system not activating?

Old 07-22-2017, 04:26 PM
cbergstc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Why is my security system not activating?

I just bought a used 2001 Honda Accord. At first the security system would activate as soon as I locked the doors. But a rear door latch was broken and the thermostat had to be replaced. After fixing both, the hood is closed, although it wasn't closed completely, and I had to slam it shut twice before it was fully shut. The rear door can now be opened from the outside, although the button inside doesn't seem to go all the way down when locked like the other three doors do. Ever since those repairs the security system won't set. Why would that be? Is it the hood latch or the rear door? How do I fix it?

Last edited by cbergstc; 07-23-2017 at 05:12 AM. Reason: Information was incomplete
The following users liked this post:
Miguel Bane (11-21-2021)
Old 10-22-2021, 09:45 AM
MollyStar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cbergstc
I just bought a used 2001 Honda Accord. At first the security system would activate as soon as I locked the doors. But a rear door latch was broken and the thermostat had to be replaced. After fixing both, the hood is closed, although it wasn't closed completely, and I had to slam it shut twice before it was fully shut. The rear door can now be opened from the outside, although the button inside doesn't seem to go all the way down when locked like the other three doors do. Ever since those repairs the security system won't set. Why would that be? Is it the hood latch or the rear door? How do I fix it?
Hello!
I have never faced with such a situation actually.. but would like ti ask if you checked this vehicle before? To understand the whole story of it..
The following users liked this post:
Miguel Bane (11-21-2021)