Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Speaker Question, 96 civic

Old 03-10-2005, 06:50 PM
WalknIsStilHnst

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker Question, 96 civic

Just got a 96 civic and I have to replace the stock speakers. I'm lookin at 6.5s in the front and 6x9s in the back. What speakers arent gonna require a cut-out grille (security reasons)? I'm getting different answers everywhere i go, BestBuy is telling one thing while Crutchfields tellings another. The only thing i deduced is that the Alpine Type-Rs will fit. I also wanna throw some 4xsomethings or smaller in the two rear sides panels on install or speakers, any suggestions?

Also does the front speaker cover just pop off? I haven't tried yet but I it appears to be that way but I just wanna double-check.
Old 03-11-2005, 12:52 PM
nex-gensjdmteg

the front grills pop off but you want to run a componet in the front to get the same sound but i would get an amp if you are going to run the type Rs because with out them they are super bright i mean really bright with the to get to the speakers on the rear deck you need to fold down the seats and pull off the a pillar side moldings and and the deck is all snaps and every thing pops off but you need to get a 9volt and pop the speakers to make sure that positive and negitive wire are right they install the new speaker then do everything in reverse
Old 03-11-2005, 07:52 PM
WalknIsStilHnst

Thanks, I found some old-ass kenwoods lyin around the house and threw those into the front speakers for the time being till that check comes in. I did hear it was total bitch to get to those back speakers. Anyone suggest something decent in the price range of Type-Rs or slightly cheaper? I'm looking for the best deal/best fit cuz i dont wanna mod the grilles too much.