Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

CD player cutting out

Old 03-05-2005, 10:51 PM
Bricks2k4civic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CD player cutting out

I have a Pioneer DEH-P3600 head unit that i bought new. Yesterday it started cutting out after it warmed up. It plays fine until it warms up, then it stops playing through the speakers, which are attached to the harness off the deck, but it keeps playing through the subs, which are wired through the RCA's. Anyone know whats wrong?
Old 03-05-2005, 11:28 PM
orbit77

i think you might have a grounded speaker, do you hear a pop at any point? are you using a smart harness or just a normal harness?
Old 03-06-2005, 09:28 AM
Bricks2k4civic

im not sure what kind of harness i have. I just used the harness that came with the deck, and wired it myself. would one grounded speaker make all of them go out? I'll check that. I know there are some wires hanging off the rear speakers from where best buy tried to install it.
thanks
Old 03-06-2005, 09:12 PM
Bricks2k4civic

Originally Posted by Running925
ok, i'd really like to know how fuel decideds to shoot out the side of an injector like a freakin water gun.. yes really, out the side! not throught the top or bottom seal, out the side!

i swear my beater is gettin jealous & wants modded, it keep tryin to tell me stuff. I think this time it's tryin to say "how come you ordered 750cc injectors for your other car & not me too!"... LOL
Thanks, i think that solved the problem (damn best buy)
Old 03-07-2005, 04:20 AM
mrbrace
Goldenchild

Sounds like a bad ground somewhere or a missconnection of the head unit somewhere, did you solder the head unit wires? Interconnects? or electrical tape?
Old 03-10-2005, 11:01 PM
Bricks2k4civic

Originally Posted by mrbrace
Sounds like a bad ground somewhere or a missconnection of the head unit somewhere, did you solder the head unit wires? Interconnects? or electrical tape?
soldered with electricaal tape. I checked every connection related to the system and the wires hanging off the rear deck were the only errors I could find. They were there because I had some speakers installed by Best Buy, and they did a crappy job. Other than that, I did everything. I cut the loose wires off, and that solved the problem.
Old 03-11-2005, 04:35 AM
mrbrace
Goldenchild

must have been rubbing up against something behind your dash causing the problem, feedback of some sort
Old 03-11-2005, 01:04 PM
nex-gensjdmteg

Originally Posted by Bricks2k4civic
im not sure what kind of harness i have. I just used the harness that came with the deck, and wired it myself. would one grounded speaker make all of them go out? I'll check that. I know there are some wires hanging off the rear speakers from where best buy tried to install it.
thanks
you need ,yo soder all connections i am will to bet it is behind the radio
if not you have a blow speaker but you can be damagingthe radio if you keep using it but i bought a poineer and i did the same thing and it wasn't a ground out it was a sh*ty radio don't buy one get an alpine or a eclipse you won't regret it
Old 03-11-2005, 08:22 PM
mrbrace
Goldenchild

If you will read the post you will see this question has already been answered...thanks for your input though