Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

New to the forums. Question about 05 Accord Sub setup.

Old 03-09-2005, 09:59 AM
05HondaAccordLX
New Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the forums. Question about 05 Accord Sub setup.

Hey what up guys. This is my first post and I guess I can start it off with a question.

I am about to install a sound system in my 05 Accord LX sedan 4 banger. I have 2 12" Kicker Comp VR DVC 2ohm ($78 each w/o shipping at ikesound.com) and a Kicker KX600.1 ($244 w/o shipping at ikesound.com).

My question is
1) if the stock head unit has sub outputs? If the dont where will I get the sinal from? In my brothers Acura Legend I got the signal from the back speakers. Is that ok?
2) can someone give a step by step to how to take some of the pieces off of the 05 like the head unit, back dash and anything else that would be needed to install an sound system.

Thank you for your guys help.
Old 03-12-2005, 06:37 PM
Omniscient
warm butter on toast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Usually, not all the time, stock head units sound like crap when hooking up a system. If you're strapped for cash get a Pionner from Target or Walmart whatever you got around where you live. There pretty decent for a mid range unit.