Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

02 Accord coupe - speakers, etc.

Old 03-12-2005, 05:05 PM
KRX02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 Accord coupe - speakers, etc.

Hey guys- just got an '02 Accord coupe and I'm trying to figure the best stuff to put in it. It looks like the speaker openings are pretty shallow.
Have you guys used spacers or anything creative to get speakers to fit in the stock locations? I was hoping to use some Alpine components up front and some Alpine 6x9s in the back, but the specs seem to show that they're about a half inch too deep.
Can anyone give me the run-down on removing the door panels and rear speakers? I haven't had time to really try to figure it out yet.
Thanks for any help. This board looks like a great place to get and share info.
Old 03-13-2005, 01:53 AM
b00gers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You probably can go into the Accord forum and see if anyone has removed their door panels before. I did that when I needed info on a 98 Accord.

There are a few things you can do. You can look for speakers that will fit. You can use a baffle (spacer) to give the speaker more room. Or you can cut out the back of the basket so the magnet will fit. I am not too certain if the 02 Accords even use these baskets, but I have been them in more than a few Hondas.