Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

stock 6 cd changer HU

Old 03-02-2005, 05:38 PM
flame51

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stock 6 cd changer HU

hey guys. today i was putting a cd into my stock HU on my 6th gen and the thing just froze up on me when i put it. it is a 6 cd changer that comes wit the ex's. now it doesnt play any cd's and just says "err" when i go to play a cd. the radio still works fine but no luck on the cd's. i tried to eject and that just brings it straight to the radio. any idea what i could do to fix it. i think the cd might be stuck or something but im not sure if its possible to stick anything into the HU cd slot to try to pop the cd loose. any ideas would be appreciated. thanks.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:59 PM
VPUPPY

you may need to pull the radio and open it up and check for stuck parts. i would say it might be best to get a replacement or get a shop(electronics) to look at it.
Old 03-05-2005, 07:30 PM
kevinthefawker

i have my stock 6disk for sale works fine. pm for more details
Old 03-05-2005, 09:42 PM
Bricks2k4civic

i had that same problem with my after market. To get rid of the err message, try resetting it. Completely unplug it from everything, then plug it back in. If the CD is still stuck, take a stiff lock tie and slide it in the CD slot (gently). Press the eject button and use the lock tie to guide it out, then check to find out what was blocking it.