Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Installing Speakers in96 teg GS-R

Old 03-01-2005, 11:06 AM
tlg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing Speakers in96 teg GS-R

Hey guys I am new at this and have read about 1000 posts before I threw one up here. I bought new speakers to replace the stock ones in the car. I figured I would start with the back since this looked easier.
When I poped the plastic covering off though, it doesn't seem to me the 6 1/2" Speaker will fit thru the opening and over the plastic clip pieces.
Is my only option to take off the moulding all aroudn the sides to acces it?

Also, I bought new Kenwood componet system for front, where would you recomend mounting the x-overs and is this a job a semi-newbie could or should take one?

Thanks in advance

Tim
Old 03-01-2005, 06:22 PM
xXkenXx

The DON'T fit thru the opening. The only way your going to get those speakers in is by taking off the panel. There's alot of bolts so start searching. also the speakers don't fit through the bracket so you will have to screw the bracket on top of the speaker. As for the X-overs, stweeters mounted mines under the carpet so people can step on the when they sit back there. I suggest using sum industrial velcro and mounting it ibehind the panel on the body. Also your going to have a little trouble putting 6 1/2 in the front. Every reference books says integra speakers are 6 1/2 but they just don't fit well. depending on how deep your speakers for the front are you might have trouble fitting them in. Also your going to have to make sum plywood brackets. I suggest just adding 5 1/4 speakers and getting a conversion bracket.
Old 03-01-2005, 06:30 PM
xXkenXx

look behind your door panel...there is a black plastic box that i think is just perfect for crossovers. screw it in or velcro
Old 03-02-2005, 04:25 AM
99IntegraGS

Originally Posted by xXkenXx
also the speakers don't fit through the bracket so you will have to screw the bracket on top of the speaker.
Not true.

Once the interior panel is removed, the speakers mount to the bracket from the top.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:25 PM
xXkenXx

aftermarket speakers are not specifically designed for certain vehicles. Fitment issues could occur like in my case. Just a little suggestion to help work around any issues that could occur
Old 03-07-2005, 03:50 PM
tlg

Default Thanks

Thanks for the suggestions