Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

If you had $500.... Suggestions and Ideas welcome

Old 12-12-2004, 08:16 AM
danton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you had $500.... Suggestions and Ideas welcome

Hi everybody. I'm new, this is my first post, blah blah...

I recently got my first car, a 94 Civic EX (2dr) and I am dying because I need a system. My budget is about $500.

I have a pair of ROckford Fosgate t-162C's as my rear speakers and I have a decent head unit (45wx4), but I need another pair of 6.5's for the front, I've heard a lot of positive things about the infinity kappa 63.5's, but is there anything else yall reccomend for around that price range with comparable peformance?

For subwoofers I was reccomended an Infinity Perfect 12 in (maybe my advice is infinity biased) but as for amp's, I don't know anything really...

I'm open to anything and, frankly, I am new to all this and I'm trying to learn, I plan on installing everything with the help of a more experienced friend... thanks
Old 12-12-2004, 08:20 AM
bluetwo
Relevance is irrelevant

Memphis 12's are the BOOM!
I'd prolly just get some decent midrange speakers for the doors, and I really don't know about the amp.
But personally I'd rather have remote start and entry with an alarm.
Welcome.
Old 12-15-2004, 01:30 AM
Honda3002

Try this for your Subs and amp deal
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...941182412&rd=1
Old 12-15-2004, 08:44 AM
danton

is that eBay deal decent quality? That seems like a really good price.

thanks for ya help
Old 12-15-2004, 09:48 AM
carrnut21
Banned

During this time of year, you can find great deals on all car stereo stuff at big stores like BEst Buy, Circuit City, and Car toys, just watch the adds
Old 12-15-2004, 12:32 PM
Robby94LS

best buy and circuit city do have some good deals sometimes, also try crutchfield. I dont get speakers from them because I like hearing them first. They have an amp called the Califorina series by Profile, they seem to be the best for ballin on a budget. They have a NICE price tag and put out a lot of power for the money. For speakers Infinity 6.5 sound good I think (everyone is different you have to listen for yourself) also look at Alpine, there not as much as you think, go to circuit city for them.
Old 12-15-2004, 02:56 PM
97teg

I wouldnt reccomend audiobahn. In fact i just saw a brand new one that was all hooked up right go up in smoke. Must say made a nice smoke show on its way out. More show than go. Anyways im a firm believer that any really system is going to need an amp for atleast the front speakers. Your head unit may say 45x4 but i bet your only getting maybe 20 or so. I would look at a 4 channel for the front speakers and bridge the back to a single sub. You can run the rears off the deck.
Old 12-16-2004, 04:55 PM
danton

ok, so a 4 channel amp. What wattage would you reccomend it have if I am going to be powering a single Infinity Perfect 12 inch sub(powered with 2 channels how 97teg said) and then the other two channels going to the front speakers which will be Infinity Kappa 63.5's?
thanks again for all of your help folks)
Old 12-17-2004, 10:54 AM
97teg

how much money do you have left for the amp. I would look at something that will do 75x4 or so. Should do 250-300 bridged to the sub. That should be adequite for that sub but since i have no personal experience with it then i cant say for sure. If you find thats not enough you can always run the 4 channel on all you inside speakers and get a bigger amp for the sub. My friend did have a simliar system in his car and the infinty sub sounded good but was a bit lacking on the low, low end. I dont think it was a perfect though. A tweak of the setup may have also helped a bit too though so i dunno.
Old 12-21-2004, 06:34 PM
LowSky

if you want to do it all yourself then go on crutchfield.com or cardomain.com

if you want someone else to do the work go to circuit city or best buy... but i will warn you ask around and see if you know anyone who has had problems with the install staff at those places... around here the best buy guys do a better job then the circuit city guys... and check there policies on botched jobs.. as a fiend of min got screwed by CC a few years ago after getting a new CD player in his car... when he had the cd player on his wipers would automaticcally turn on and he would have to turn the wipper to on mode to turn them off.. CC told him it wasnt their fault and basiccally told him to go to helll... that was years ago and their policy/ management might have changed