Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Need help installing 6x9s into my GSR Sedan

Old 02-26-2005, 05:31 PM
Buktheng
Hello there!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help installing 6x9s into my GSR Sedan

Ok, I have no idea how to install these 6x9s. Call me a newb all you want but thats what this great forum is for! Well, I need specific details how to install these 6x9s into the rear of my GSR sedan. The stock speakers had something where you can just install the clip into it and these speakers dont so I know I need to cut the clip off and split the wire so I have the negative and positive wire. Now how exactly do I get the wire onto the 6x9s? Also, those things in the zip lock bag, what the heck are they for?

Old 02-26-2005, 07:35 PM
Schwa
Schiggity

Those things in the right ziploc bag are female spade connectors which you can just push onto the little prongs sticking out of your 6x9's. Dont really know what the others are for. Clipping something on perhaps.

Try team-integra.net for a detailed step by step on how do disassemble the rear of your car. I cn'at help you sicne I own a two door :P
Old 02-27-2005, 04:38 PM
VPUPPY

all you need to do is go into your trunk and look up at the back deck. look around the speakers, there should be some circlular holes. in those holes there are silver screws(philips). unscrew them, there should be 3 for each speaker. then the covers inside that cover the back speakers will come out. really easy. you may have trouble removing the speaker screws, on mine 2 got stripped so go easy when you unscrew the speaker screws.