Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

sound system opinions needed..

Old 02-22-2005, 07:30 AM
bxsnypa
STOCK EJ8 noob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sound system opinions needed..

Im considering getting 2 subs and an amp this summer. Im planning on buying 10" subs preferably from JL audio. The next question is what amp should i get to suport the subs.

They are kinda expensive so what would be another brand thats almost as good but less money?

My head unit is a sony cdx model. I forget which one but it plays mp3 disc and cost 350 retail (250 ebay ) And all my speakers are Alpine i think the S ones. Im also gonna change my tweeters soon.

Is it hard to install amps and subs?
Old 02-22-2005, 09:31 AM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The amp you get depends on the sub you get, ie: watts...

Hey, you're in NY, my friend is selling a sweet setup, I think he can give you a good deal.

https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...d.php?t=177541

It's an Alpine so it goes with your theme!

It's not that hard, you just need an amp wiring kit and that's about it.
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 02-25-2005, 09:21 AM
b00gers

Before you should start shopping for an amp, you need to know which sub you want. Which model from JL are you looking at? Then mate those specs with the amp.

Some people really like Adire. They having a cheap budget sub that is said to be great. I am a fan of JL and Image Dynamics for subs.

It is not hard to install amps and subs if you are good at comfortable with taking panels out of your car, working with running wires throughout the length of your car, or working with electrical power. It is actually easy enough that someone online can give you a walk-through.
Old 02-25-2005, 10:04 AM
nonvtecintegra

I personally have a Rockford Fosgate Punch Power BD1000. It has 1088 RMS watts at 2 ohms (as stated on the birth sheet) This amp pounds my 2 Audiobahn 12" subs that are rated to handle 1500 RMS. Almost too much power. This amp on ebay goes for less than 300 bones. It is a darker color of grey and has ROUND end caps. Type in BD1000 in the consumer electronics section. IT NEVER gets really hot. (HEAT IS POWER LOSS, from what I have experienced) Although, I do not reccomend any Audiobahn products. They are cheap and sound OK... But If you are going to drop some cash, get some quality subwoofers. JL has great sound quality. Also, get the right box, it makes ALL the difference. thats my 2 cents.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:22 PM
bxsnypa
STOCK EJ8 noob

i decided to get apline subs (swx 3k peak power). I might get two i havent decided yet... theres agood deal on ebay 2 for 410 i think and they got for like 250 each. i just need to figure out which would be the best possible amp for them.