Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

$260 to spend what alarm?

Old 02-20-2005, 05:55 PM
Schwa
Schiggity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $260 to spend what alarm?

Hello.

I have a $260 dollar gift card from future shop so I plan on just getting the cheapest alarm/keyless entry combo they have.

Are there any other suggestions though? Do alarms even fall under this price range. :S
Old 02-21-2005, 12:51 AM
Synthead

I would check Ebay, although that doesn't involve your card ...
Old 02-25-2005, 09:24 AM
Brian2k
Street Dreams

Default Straight ballin baby

You need to got to crutchfield.com and check out the crimeguard alarm systems. You get the top of the line system for like $199.99 I believe. That's even with a system pager for your vehicle. Also you can try bestbuy.com or circuit city.com.
Old 02-25-2005, 10:19 AM
JL95AccorD

He is saying that he has a gift card from a specific place, why are you telling him all these other places????? I don't know much about alarms and whats good, so I can't help.
Old 02-26-2005, 03:39 PM
Schwa
Schiggity

Its alright, ended up getting the Viper 320HV which was the only thing that fitted my budget. Its a pretty cheap install. I asked him where he put the brain and he said under the steering column? If i was a theif thats the first place I would look. Ah well. I have keyless entry now and the insurance company seems to be happier with it.
Old 02-26-2005, 06:12 PM
Grant83

Originally Posted by Schwa
Its alright, ended up getting the Viper 320HV which was the only thing that fitted my budget. Its a pretty cheap install. I asked him where he put the brain and he said under the steering column? If i was a theif thats the first place I would look. Ah well. I have keyless entry now and the insurance company seems to be happier with it.
Ahh that's what my cousin had installed in her integra, it's a very reliable alarm, but it doesnt really deter thieves that well, not even the amateur ones. Her car got stolen in broad daylight..

But regardless, if you send the registration card in, I believe VIPER will cover your insurance deductable if the car get's stolen
Old 02-26-2005, 07:33 PM
Schwa
Schiggity

Yeah I pretty much understand that for any alarm any thief will try and get it. But thast why I have my theft coverage. Still would suck to see my baby gone though. Well I have an extra auxillary key on the keychain thing now. I wanted the guy to do power trunk release but Future Shop didn't do it.

Anyone know how hard it is to do it urself? Sicne it never came stck I'd have to get the relay/solenoid myself too