Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

System suggestions?

Old 02-18-2005, 01:06 AM
iwasakib

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default System suggestions?

Looking to get a midranged car stereo system.. nothing with too much power but something that is decent. I already have door speakers, just infinity reference speakers, they sound pretty good.

Head Unit Looking for suggestions for this, I would like a deck that plays WMA and mp3s, has decent power, around 200$, and has sub preamp outs. I was looking at some of the new ones coming out this year.
Sub Alp 12" DVC or Infinity 12" DVC dont know much about the second sub.
Amp 350W @ 2 ohms Alp mono
Alarm offers many good options, and comes with a 1500$ "insurance"
Box This is a downfiring box, good size.. debating whether to get this box, or look for custom build, or if it is that big of a deal.

Thanks.
Old 02-18-2005, 01:24 AM
97teg

That box seems overly expensive. The equipment all looks pretty decent. The only thing i can really suggest is an amp for you door speakers. I think any decent system should have one. Even if its a small one. Deck power isnt worth much imo.
Old 02-18-2005, 01:45 AM
iwasakib

I dont think I'm going to get an amplifier for my door speakers... they are infinity reference speakers... decent, but not anything worth powering.
Old 02-23-2005, 05:36 AM
bxsnypa
STOCK EJ8 noob

I currently have alpine speakers all around my car, gonna change the tweeters too. They sound great. Im thinking about getting that alp 12 sub. What about be a good amp for that sub and should i also get an amp for the door speakers?

Could sum1 also give a website with alot of sub boxes for sale.
Old 02-23-2005, 05:44 AM
bxsnypa
STOCK EJ8 noob

for a headunit try getting one of sony's cdx models. They work great but they range from 200-400 i think. Mine costs 350 retail but i got it off ebay for 250 and plays WMA and MP3 files :chuckles: i think its power is something like (50-54)x4 i could be wrong tho
Old 02-23-2005, 11:03 AM
cobbcustomz

just to let you know Crutchfield is horribly expensive, That infinity sub is for sale on Cardomain.com for i think $152
that is what i paid shipped a few weeks ago anyways
Old 02-25-2005, 12:58 AM
Arfboy
Diamond Audio turns me on

Consider these head units... Alpine CDA-9847 and Premier DEH-560MP. Avoid the Sony's unless you're looking at an older Mobile ES unit.

I'd consider 97teg's advice, even powering the door speakers with a fairly cheap amp will make them sound drastically better and breathe new life into them.
Old 02-25-2005, 11:58 AM
nonvtecintegra

I know you said that you only wanted to spend 200 on a head unit, but if you decide to spend more, look into the clarion pro audio DXZ945MP. Its a touch screen 1 din reciever. plays WMA, MP3 and accepts cd changers. I have had mine since It came out last year and the screen works like new and most people go crazy when they see its touch screen. truly a modern marvel.