Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

HU Install

Old 01-26-2005, 08:18 PM
carrnut21
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HU Install

I am going to install a sony deck in my 98 accord ex. I bought a wiring harness and have almost all the wires matched up to the wires out the back of the new deck. On the harness i bought, there are three wires that i don't know what to do with.

They are:
Blue
Orange
Orange (labeled positive dimmer)

On the deck harness, i have two that i don't know what to do with.
They are:
Blue with white stripe
Blue (labled ANT REM MAX 0.1A) with a clamp connector at the end.

So, i need to know which remaining wires match up with which.

When my subs where install, the REM was matched up with a white wire that was in the factory harness. (still had the factory HU then) Do i need to move the REM to the Blue wire labeled REM or does it not matter.

Finally, what method do you recommend for connecting the wires. Usually i just use the electrical tape method but i think i should use a more for secure method for something as important as my HU. Any input is greatly appreciated because i wnat to start listening to music again while driving.
Old 01-27-2005, 02:46 AM
strychnine
i am legend

sounds like he wired the amp to the switched 12v, white wire/ red tripe, this should be fine unless you only want the amp on when the hu is on. your car doesnt have a power antenna so you don't need the blue/white wire and you're already getting power to the amp so you don't need the blue either, just wrap up those and the ones in the factory harness.

as far as connections go: solder and heat shrink is the preferred method, then solderless connectors/crimp connectors. twist and tape is fine if you know youre going to change something in the near future, but for a long term thing it's not so great.
Old 01-27-2005, 06:06 PM
carrnut21
Banned

The deck did not work, and tonight i just realized i have no taillights (but i do have brakelights) the gauges don't light up, but the green light on the digital odometer does work and the lights for the PRNDD321 work, and the lights for SRS, Brake etc. work. Also, my check engine light came on today, hopefully unreleated. Anyone have any ideas.
Old 01-27-2005, 08:43 PM
strychnine
i am legend

wow, sorry guy. i'd start with the fuses and go from there.
Old 01-29-2005, 03:36 PM
Schwa
Schiggity

When my friend accidentally blew his alternator his electrical was gettin all messed up...like speedometer not working and stuff. Just throwing ideas out there...