Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

white-LIGHT gauges

Old 08-22-2002, 02:36 PM
mayonaise

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default white-LIGHT gauges

if you've seen the way the new S-Class gauges look at nite, or if you've seen the 2003 accord gauges when lit up, you know what i'm talking about (altezza too?).

is there a possibility of converting the lighting in the gauges (95 accord, mt) from lighting up with the stock green, to a nice pure white?? don't care if they're aftermarket gauges, white face, whatever.. i've never opened the instrument panel up, so i don't know how the lighting system works

i dunno if indiglo can do white.. can't find them anyways, only blue green and red

besides, my interior is a nasty color. i think blue/green indiglo will make it look worse

thanks!
Old 08-23-2002, 12:24 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you open up your cluster, you'll see there are little bulbs that light up the gauges. Each bulb has a 'blue condom' (sorry, that's what it looks like) on them. I took them all off and it was brighter. Try that... or they have new reverse indiglo's that give that effect... more light bluish-to white.
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net