Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Be careful with box cutters

Old 01-14-2005, 09:38 PM
Nonchalant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Be careful with box cutters

You guys and girls have got to be careful with box cutters. They don't look as dangerous as they really are!

I was using one to cut a cable tie and it wouldn't cut so I put a lot of pressure on it. It slipped and I sliced my index finger wonderfully and had to get stiches. :slap: Man I get shivers thinking about it. What personal injury stories can you guys share from when you were installing stuff in a car?
Old 01-14-2005, 10:22 PM
SamuraiBill

none :lmfao:

naw but really i am just careful although i have a friend touched a nice hot wire. He never been the same.
Old 01-15-2005, 07:14 AM
VPUPPY

ya, dikes work better to cut zip ties/cable ties. punched a engine or two trying to loosen bolts.

once my watched melted while it was on my wrist on my old ride(my old toyota cressida, when i was 18). it was after school and i went to autozone(for the free tool rental) to buy a bolt and a wratchet for my alternator cuz i just did an engine rebuild, i guess the bolt worked its way out for some reason. when i was tightening the bolt, i forgot to take my watch off, and i hit the negative terminal on the battery with my watch while i was touching the alternator with a wratchet(tightening the bolt, using the same hand). it sparked a couple times(i was like wtf), then watch got hot, then melted before i could take it off. sux cuz i still have a scar. moral of the story, never wear jewelry when working on cars. it only happened cuz i forgot to take the watch off.
Old 01-15-2005, 01:02 PM
k3ifers
k three ifers

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

you didnt know that box cutters were sharp?
Old 01-16-2005, 05:13 PM
orbit77

vpuppy i've done sometime similar to what you did but i was doing a remote start and the 12v hit my metal watch and gave me a lil shock.

but i would i usually get attacked by panels when i pull them sometimes at work.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:10 PM
a l3 e
I like monkeys.

ahah i have done the 12V shocker plenty of times. ahh it feels good.
Old 01-17-2005, 08:01 AM
2legit2quit
You Big Dummy

Nothing like a good shock! :hugglez: