Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Need Help with subwoofer output!!!!!

Old 12-22-2004, 02:10 PM
szemattaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help with subwoofer output!!!!!

I just purchased a new deck from the internet, but ran into a problem. I like the deck because it plays all the formats of DVD-R, DVD+R and blah blah blah,for my dash and headrest monitors but it doesnt have a subwoofer output out the rear of the deck. The only outputs showing are the front and rear on the back of the deck. I need to connect my Fosgate 400.4 amp for my front and rear speakers and my Fosgate 800a2 amp for my 12" subwoofer. Before, I just buy another deck...can anyone give me some input on how to attempt to make the set up work.
Thanks

Red

(I did notice that my Fosgate 400.4 has a output called pass-thru loacated on the amp, but not sure what its used for.........)
Old 12-23-2004, 06:43 AM
VPUPPY

the pass-thru, if i remember correct, is just rca jacks on the side of the amp that are used as outputs. they enable you to add another amp because it acts like a splitter. you could just hook the 400.4 amp up, then use the pass thru to send the signal to the 800a2 amp, set the low pass filter on the 800a2 to 125hz or lower. this will give the bass, but you have no sub woofer control. some amps come with an external subwoofer control which is a knob that you can put up front to adjust the bass or if you don't have this, just set the gain on the 800a2 to a level that you like. i have sub control and i rarely adjust it cuz my gain is set to a good level. hope this helps.
Old 12-23-2004, 09:21 AM
cobbcustomz

why dont you just connect the front RCA outputs from the deck to the amp for interior speakers and the Rear output to the 800a2
Old 12-23-2004, 01:35 PM
97teg

Originally Posted by cobbcustomz
why dont you just connect the front RCA outputs from the deck to the amp for interior speakers and the Rear output to the 800a2
You will loose fade capability doing this if that matters. As said before you can use the pass through to feed the signal to the sub amp.
Old 01-01-2005, 09:33 PM
Kirby

couldn't you just splice into the rear speakers like you were running a stock h/u?