Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Prelude Radio Question

Old 12-22-2004, 10:47 AM
Psychowolff
New to Lude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prelude Radio Question

I have an 89 Lude and don't like the radio, I would like to know what other years or models would fit into my car. i Don't want to use wire adaptors, or anything, just Which ones would fit factor. I'd like a tape / CD if possible.
Old 12-27-2004, 06:39 PM
VPUPPY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i believe most honda/acura radios up to 97(and SOME 98's) should work(don't use the 96-98 civic radios, those have a factory alarm in them). i know in the integras up to year 2000 use the same harness as yours also. the honda passport all years used a different harness so those radios are out of the question. i am not sure how the fit would look(any gaps or problems with the face of the radio fitting) but its a trail and error thing(i really should work). your radio mounts on the bracket on the the back of the radio so get a honda/acura radio that mounts the same way so you know that it has this bracket. some modification for the screw holes may be needed also.