Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Stock CD player

Old 12-13-2004, 03:34 PM
pannayar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock CD player

Hi folks, I bought a '98 integra LS a week back. I find the stock CD player to be pretty poor, my '92 eclipse had a kenwood casette player which sounded much better. I am thinking of buying a in-dash CD/MP3 player.

Any recommendations for a good player (for around $150 or less) ?
Do you think a new player will help without changing the stock speakers...?

Thanks
Old 12-13-2004, 03:54 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First off, welcome to HAN. :cheers: Enjoy your stay.

Ultimately, the limitation will still be the stock paper speakers... so if you want quality sound reproduction, the stock speakers have to go at some point.

In fact the higher power of most aftermarket decks have the ability to completely overpower the stock speakers, speeding their demise with terminal distortion.

If you're on a budget, I'd upgrade the speakers first. They may be under-driven by the factory headunit in the interim, but they will do a much better job than the stock speakers could ever hope to do. Then as funding allows, purchase a headunit that matches your system goals.

Moved to Audio & Security.
(It's our catch-all for car audio )

Once again, welcome. :thumbup:

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!