Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Adding radio system?

Old 11-21-2004, 04:51 PM
Samson
chris is the devil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding radio system?

I have a 1983 Civic beater car.. and the radio system in it is complete garbage. i would like to put in a regular cd am/fm radio into it.. and replace the 2 dash mounted speakers and add 2 rear speakers. I dont want anything fancy.. i just want it to work and sound like it should. What is the easiest way to accomplish this?
Old 12-13-2004, 03:57 PM
seansosmooth05

if you r not good with wireing and dont have much time to screw around get some one to do it for u. or just go on google and look up wireing digrams and install help and do it like that u can get most of the info for free if you look good. cation hodas/acuras are grate cars but when it comes to the sound they are a pain in the ass.
Old 12-14-2004, 09:47 AM
kill_kill_kill
it's sarcastic dude

the speakers just make sure to get the right sizes, then it's a simple unscrew, unconnect, connect, screw in process.

for the head unit you gotta get a harness that brings all the loose wires into a nifty pastic plug and solder that to the back of ther head unit, make sure to use heat shrink or electric tape to cover all exposed metal, and then plug in and screw in,

usually places like best buy do a free install on the expensive units they sell so it might be worthwhile to just go that route,