Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/audio-security-and-automotive-lighting-30/)
-   -   99 Civic stereo amp wiring on stock head. (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/audio-security-and-automotive-lighting/16560-99-civic-stereo-amp-wiring-on-stock-head.html)

B(C)orrado 08-18-2002 07:52 PM

99 Civic stereo amp wiring on stock head.

What wire do we tap into to get the remote turn-on signal? Thanks people!

b00gers 08-18-2002 11:01 PM

antenna. i forget which color. i think itll be either blue or orange. but double check to make sure.

LjN_728 08-18-2002 11:07 PM

Blue or sometimes it's blue-white

B(C)orrado 08-19-2002 10:59 AM

thanks much guys.... my friend cant wait to get his amp running. We bridged the power and remote to make sure it works last night, and it sounds great. Everything is hooked up except remote turno-on, so this is our last step. Thanks again

McIntosh'd UA5 08-19-2002 11:41 AM

99 civics do not have power antennas so there shouldn't be an antenna turn on wire. maybe you should wire it up to the ignition or get one of those thingies that you wire into the speaker line to create a remote turn on signal. it is easy to use and you don't have to take out the radio.

B(C)orrado 08-19-2002 02:25 PM

hey, that is correct McIntosh'd, he doesnt have power antenna, and he got the adapter that goes on the rear speakers to use the stock deck with an amp and subs, should it have a remote out on it? thanks ahead of time! It would be REALLY nice to have the amp ONLY on with the stereo, and not with the ignition, im sure there has to be some wire coming out of the stereo that caries a 12v signal only when its turned on... the speaker + wire for the rear? I can just use my multimeter to test the lines, thanks though, if you have any more info please chime in.

McIntosh'd UA5 08-19-2002 02:38 PM

that trigger turns on the amps ONLY if there is sound going to that speaker it's hooked up to...so if the radio is off, there is no sound and the amps should be off. for the rear speakers, blue or gray or brown or white are the negatives i believe. by all means use the tools you have to verify this.

OneToughCivic 08-19-2002 08:11 PM

pull the head unit and tap the yellow/red stripe wire. it is the equivalent to the red wire on an aftermarket head. it only gets power when the ignition is on. make sure you wire an inline fuse with you remote wire. use a 1 amp fuse.

B(C)orrado 08-20-2002 11:56 AM

hey guys, just to let you all know, we just ran the remote turn on wire to one of the rear speaker's (dont remember which one) power wires... it works wonderfully. The amp only turns on when the stereo is on, and everything sounds great. thanks for all the help!

OneToughCivic 08-20-2002 01:15 PM

Originally posted by B(C)orrado
hey guys, just to let you all know, we just ran the remote turn on wire to one of the rear speaker's (dont remember which one) power wires... it works wonderfully. The amp only turns on when the stereo is on, and everything sounds great. thanks for all the help!
WHAT???