Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

SPAL Security Systems

Old 11-23-2004, 01:35 PM
noteful

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SPAL Security Systems

I just recently purchased a 99 GSR Teg and it already came with an alarm system. I'm not sure what kind it is, but on the remote it says SPAL and there are three pie-shaped buttons forming a circle. I've had the car for about a month now and everything was working great. It has remote start, and remote window rolldown/rollup. But recently it has been doing strange things. And I made sure it wasn't the remote because I just put a new battery in. And I'm certain its not the remote because everytime I press a button the little red indicator on the remote would flash, so I know the remote is responding. I got out of my car today to go to class, and I pressed the button on the remote to lock the car and set the alarm. I came back about an hour and a half later and tried to unlock the car but nothing would happen when I pressed the unlock button on the remote. The little red light on the remote would come up but it was like the part of the alarm system in the car was not responding. So then I use my key to unlock the car and when I opened the door the alarm didn't go off. So it was like the alarm just completely died. Does it have its own battery or is it connected to the car's battery? Then while in the middle of driving the little light in my car that indicates the alarm is on starts flashing. So at a stop light, I press the unlock button on my remote and the alarm beeps once like its supposed to and unlocks the doors. When I got home I used the remote to set the alarm again and it seems like its working now but does anyone have any idea what happened? Maybe I should change my car battery?
Old 11-23-2004, 07:28 PM
kenton
Change sig? Lose [quote]!

It could be the door motor that locks and unlocks your car.

I've got a factory alarm system on a 98 Accord EX-L and recently my drivers side door motor has gone out. The remote responds and locks/unlocks the passenger side door, but never the drivers side door. and when the car is completelty locked and armed it won't unlock the pass. side at all b/c in order to unlock pass. your drivers needs to be unlocked and since it can't... <- yeah i'm rambling
Old 11-23-2004, 07:32 PM
IluvJae
Grifball Player

Check to see if theres a switch you might have flipped when you were getting in and out of ya car. Next time you notice it does that. Try turning your key but not starting the car up. Wait 5 seconds and turn the car back off and see if it still does it.
Old 11-23-2004, 10:57 PM
noteful

Originally Posted by kenton
It could be the door motor that locks and unlocks your car.

I've got a factory alarm system on a 98 Accord EX-L and recently my drivers side door motor has gone out. The remote responds and locks/unlocks the passenger side door, but never the drivers side door. and when the car is completelty locked and armed it won't unlock the pass. side at all b/c in order to unlock pass. your drivers needs to be unlocked and since it can't... <- yeah i'm rambling
But its not just the door locks, when I press the button the alarm won't even chirp, so I think its the whole alarm system in the car.
Old 11-23-2004, 10:59 PM
noteful

Do alarms normally run on their own battery? Or are they wired to the car's battery? If it is, I think I might replace it with like an Optima.